Pages

Tuesday 12 March 2013

The Final Countdown... Again

With less than 2 weeks until the photo shoot for my World of WearableArt submission, all seems in reasonable order. Did I just jinx myself?!! Having extended myself to a three-piece entry this year, I think a lot of people expected me to be three times as painful this year, but I don't think that has been the case. I've learned a lot about manipulating leather, and can't wait to apply this knowledge to a few other projects - perhaps some wearable pieces for myself? I've also learned how to clog up airbrushes with binder medium, and subsequently, how to clean them. I've always wanted to do airbrushing, and can't wait to get to work on the much larger canvas of the kombi.

I don't think I previously posted these pics of last years entry Euphony Iridaceae on stage.. still waiting to see the dvd of the show!


 I also found this lovely pic on FaceBook of BioLumina hanging out in a winery - how appropriate!
BioLumina in the Brancott Estate Winery
Last weekend I visited gallery 54 at Paddington to view Sharyn Halls' exhibition Argentum, which was a riot of colour and texture (featured in this month's Textile Fibre Forum magazine).


Her quirky pieces reference biology, from DNA to sprouting seedss, and I was delighted to be able to purchase a full colour catalogue of her work - it's so nice to be able to take away a decent memento like this. Congratulations Sharyn, and I know you have been inspired through this process towards new directions.
The other countdown is to Fibres Ballarat, with fellow nutcase Miss Jenelle! Here we will in indulge in a weeks workshop with the creator of this variety of felty goodness, Marjolein Dallinga.


Not to mention 2 nights prior R&R in our favourite destination - Melbs!! Bliss!
I hope my fellow International Designers are facing the deadline with calm, and you New Zealand designers with your extra time - I don't want to hear a peep out of you!! :-)
Svenja

No comments:

Post a Comment