Pages

Sunday 6 October 2013

WoW 2013 Part Two

Intermanetzzz!!
Meh. Coming back to the real world is a bit underwhelming, isn't it?! Although I was in a way ready to come home, it was a bit of a struggle, which had a distinctly 'post Christmas' aura to it. I'm through it now though, and ready to throw myself into college again this week. I have spent the last few days trying to improve my drawing skills, ready for my design assignment. As nice as that has been, it is also quite hard work, but I believe I am making some progress. It just takes practice.
So, back to New Zealand! Our frequent desire to get on the intermanet led us to spending a few afternoons on the couches at the FoxGlove, a beautiful bar and restaurant on the wharf. (Our hotel wanted to charge us ridiculous rates - for the price of a drink at the FoxGlove, we had all the time we needed). On our last time there, the weather was pretty good, and we even ventured out onto the deck, which has some lovely lounges - perfect for a sunny day!
A student design at Te Papa

Foxglove verandah
I had no idea Matt was pulling this face!!





























As usual, it was wonderful to have these and all the displays in the shop windows to see as we walked around. To back track even further, here a few shots of us at the pre-show designer function.

 I wish I had one of me on stage with the girls in Hakaturi! If any one has one, please let me know!


The day after the big event we went to Te Papa to see the WOW designs on display there, and caught up with Lyn Christiansen, whom we persuaded to come and while away the afternoon with us at Mac's Brewery.
The two peacocks!
Lyn Christiansen, myself, and Jonathon Wood
On the way there we picked up a fellow WOW regular, Jonathon Wood, and spent a pleasant afternoon drinking fabulous beer and chatting. Aaaah, the perfect way to recover from WOW!





The most beautiful asparagus!
The talented and entertaining fishermen














We kept crossing paths with my fellow peacock Chris Davis and companion, but sadly didn't enveigle them into the bar! However, here is our annual photo together! I enjoyed the food markets at the wharf on Sunday, although sadly I had no room for any fabulous cheese in my belly! The produce looked so wonderful, colourful and fresh, and we spent a good half hour watching the fisherman sell and fillet fish from the back of their boat. Their talent with knives is truly captivating!
So, that's it for another year. I have every intention of entering again next year, but am not really trying to design anything yet - I'll just wait for inspiration to hit me. Which it needs to do before Christmas.









No comments:

Post a Comment